1. Could you please give us a little introduction and tell us about your first experience with photography? Who or what inspired you to begin photography?
Hello! My name is Andrey Lukovnikov. I was born and raised in St. Petersburg and began my journey into the world of photography in this city as a concert photographer.
Between 2014 and 2019, my camera captured over 1000 different concerts: A-Ha, Christina Aguilera, 30 Seconds To Mars, Apocalyptica, Skillet, Poets Of The Fall, Nickelback, Deep Purple, KISS, Il Volo, Scorpions, and many many others.
It was the concerts, or more precisely, the love of rock music that made me take my hands on the camera.
Since 2020, I have been living and conducting photo shoots in Spain. I also travel to other European countries.
2. From your point of view, what are the most difficult aspects of professional photography?
The most difficult thing in professional photography is not to stop there.
3. As the expert you are, what distinguishes your work from others, and what are the keys to mastering photography?
Good question. May I answer like this. I am me and there is no other like me.
4. What type of models do you prefer to shoot with? Why?
I love crazy models, ready for any adventure on my part.
5. Are there any other photographers you look up to? Who?
Here I will not surprise anyone. Peter Lindbergh, Helmut Newton, Annie Leibovitz, Sarah Moon, из более молодых Alessio Albi, Txema Yeste…
6. Can you walk us through your planning process for this photoshoot and how you went about conducting it?
We have been planning this photoshoot for a long time. Most of the time was spent on finding a suitable model and finding a location. Then it’s a matter of technique, we prepared a moodboard, collected references, decided on makeup and go ahead.
The photo session itself went perfectly. The whole team worked 1000%.
7. What are your upcoming projects and what are your goals for the future?
Now there are two large projects and several smaller ones in the plans. We are working on the details.
8. Where can we see more of your works and get connected with you?
THE ART be with us!