1. Could you please give us a little introduction and tell us about your first experience with photography? Who or what inspired you to begin photography?
I’m Dario Tucci, I’m a photographer. I live in Naples and I’m lucky to travel around Italy thanks to my job.
I think I got into photography some years ago, maybe 7/8. I‘ve always liked photography, but only a few years ago this became my first job.
2. From your point of view, what are the most difficult aspects of professional photography?
To get paid, of course! They’re still a lot of people who find it hard to understand the importance and difference between a picture you can take with your own phone and one taken by a professional photographer.
3. As the expert you are, what distinguishes your work from others, and what are the keys to mastering photography?
What distinguishes my work from others is my direction of the subject and his/her posing and position. The set up of the lights and the correct use of the post-production editing.
4. What type of models do you prefer to shoot with? Why?
I can describe myself as a ‘’portraiter’’. In most of my pictures, you can find human beings. I’m fascinated by people who are different from me that I‘m used to seeing and meeting. And I love to meet people from different countries and with different ethnic backgrounds.
5. Are there any other photographers you look up to? Who?
A lot! I like the ”big ones” such as Peter Lindbergh, richard avedon, LaChapelle and many others…
6. Can you walk us through your planning process for this photoshoot and how you went about conducting it?
E-M-P-A-T-H-Y. That’s my real secret. To create a connection with the client, with the model, with all the team. When things are done in a good relaxing and connected environment, everything goes well.
7. What are your upcoming projects and what are your goals for the future?
I’m currently retouching a lookbook for a Napolitan brand and have a lot of good projects on my way. Cross fingers!
8. Where can we see more of your works and get connected with you?
My work can be found on Instagram @dariotucciph.