Full Name: Olga Kuvsinova
Photography Genre: Fashion
1. Could you please provide us with a professional introduction about yourself and your photography work?
Projects: MBF Fashion Show for BMW Motorrad anniversary 100y., video clip making, Cairo fashion designer photoshoots, etc.
Featured in: Marika, Malvie, PAP etc
2. Can you tell us about how you got started in photography?
My relationship with Photography started around 10 years ago in HfG Offenbach ( Art High-school in Germany). I had a photography course and I started to play around with different styles. After a few years for some private reason, I stopped photography, I’ve had a long break and started over in 2019. My goal was to break into fashion photography and I managed to do so in Egypt in 2021. Since then I am passionate about photography and I love what I am doing.
3. What was your passion driving you during your journey?
Who or what prompted you to begin? I was the one who promoted myself)) I just found myself in photography and I do enjoy every part from preparing the props to editing.
4. Could you walk us through your photoshoot planning process?
Oh, it depends on the client. basically, I do search for some references based on my imagination)) I always find something less similar to what I have on my mind. Then I look for the outfits together with my client. Discuss make-up and hair with the stylist and so on. Also important is to find an appropriate location or studio. But as I said all depends on the client and his/her budget.
5. As a photography expert, what sets your work apart from other photographers?
They say I can catch the right pose and angle )) Also I got a lot of compliments about my editing.
6. Where do you get your ideas for photoshoots?
Pinterest mostly)) Also from other photographers or I see something beautiful around me and get inspired by it. Sometimes Movies scenes.
7. Can you tell us about the most memorable moment you’ve had as a photographer and what experience you gained from that?
Oh, that’s not easy to remember. I think every photoshoot is something to remember or experience something new.
8. What are the most important components of an extraordinary photograph, in your opinion?
In my opinion, an extraordinary photographer must be able to do a great job on any occasion, any place, or any budget with any equipment. the real artist doesn’t have to have the best model/location/light/equipment to create something special with a soul.
9. How do you strike a balance between your artistic expression and your client’s expectations during a shoot?
I always try to add my touch, at least the angles I do like. Mostly the clients are choosing me because of my vision ))
10. How do other artists influence your work?
Are there any other photographers you look up to? Who? Sure there are some, Mario Testino, Jonti Wild, and many other less-known creative photographers.
11. How do you enhance your vision after a session by post-processing your photos?
Do you have a best-kept secret for editing processing that you’d like to share? I do Lr and Ps editing, no special secrets I guess))
12. Can you tell us about the most difficult photographic challenge you’ve ever had, including lighting, unexpected situations, and how you managed the issues on set?
One of the most challenging photoshoots was 2 years ago when I had to do the shots of sportswear during filming a video clip. it was little continuous light, dark gym and foggy, and too many people around. How I managed? I was moving fast and from the angles so that I don’t appear in the frame. It was my 4 h workout, not easy but I managed.
13. What are your top tips for aspiring photographers on skill development and finding their own creative voice? How did you develop yours?
It’s a must for photographers to invest in their own creative shoots, as much as they can. Finding models/ locations/outfits/props… creating scenarios etc.
14. What is your favorite piece of work you’ve ever shot?
One of the latest shoots I still didn’t edit. In love with it, just follow my IG page and see it soon!
15. Can you tell me about an upcoming project you’re working on and the idea behind it?
Oh, I want to start masterclasses for photographers in different countries and atmospheric venues. Just working on it, hope it will work out well for me))
16. Where can we view more of your work and connect with you?