1. Could you please give us a little introduction and tell us about your first experience with photography? Who or what inspired you to begin?
My name is Shayan Rostami, and I am a 32-year-old freelance photographer. I first started with mobile photography during my university years, taking photos of my classmates. They are so simple now that I am looking at them, but they were unique at that time. It made me more curious about this art.
2. From your point of view, what are the most exciting aspects of professional photography?
Portraits capture the personalities of people, which is amazing. I think there are two ways to submit portraits: one is to submit who they are, and the second is to write their character, which is in your mind.
3. As the expert you are, what distinguishes your work from other photographers?
It’s a hard question, but I think restrictions in my country of Iran are the most different.
4. What are your goals for the next year with your photography business?
I really want to migrate from here to submit my ideas without any barriers and reach my goals.
5. Are there any other photographers you look up to? Who?
Peter Lindburg, Richard Avedon, Annie Leibowitz always impress me.
6. Can you walk us through your planning process for this photoshoot?
We wanted to show our feelings these days because we are tired of searching for happiness and freedom.
7. What are your upcoming projects?
I have some fashion projects coming up and it would be an honor to show them on BleachFilm.